Bingham Farms Vlg Real Estate
Originally settled in 1823 by John Daniels of Rutland, Vermont, the tiny settlement in what was soon to become Southfield Township in 1830 would stay isolated and small until Telegraph Road was brought through the area in 1928. In the early 1950s, citizens in the southern part of the township sought to have the entire township incorporated as a city. Seeking to retain their individual characters and guard against annexation, the settlements in the northern end raced to incorporate as villages. Bingham Farms was incorporated on October 4, 1955, named after a prominent family present in the village since 1880. All roads in the village remained unpaved until 1984 to discourage intensive development.